Smart Cutter crash

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dip

Smart Cutter crash

Post by dip »

I have succesfully cut several movies recorded with my Dreambox DM8000 in HD. But now, I just wanted to cut a recorded movie and Smart Cutter crashes immediately after opening the ts-file. I tried version 1.2.5 as well as the portable version 1.2.4 both with no luck.

What information should I provide that you can look into (and hopefully solve) this problem?
dip

Re: Smart Cutter crash

Post by dip »

I could provide you with a 6 seconds part (about 9MB) from the defective file. I was able to cut this part directly on my DM8000. I checked that Smart Cutter also crashes if this small part is openend.
Since there is no way to upload the file, I sent it to support@fame-ring.com.

If I should send it to another e-mail address please inform me.
dip

Post by dip »

With my next tv recording I have again a crash of SmartCutter. In contrast to the last file, this time the file can be opened and I can scroll through it and set the cut points throughout the whole file. When I then click on "Record list" the first half of the file is process but at the end of the second part of the movie SmartCutter crashes.

Did you already find the problem based on the sample file I have sent vie e-mail? As soon as you have a test version of SmartCutter I could check whether this version also solves the crash with the new file, if you wish.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your posting.
already find the problem based on the sample file I have sent vie e-mail?
Yes we did. It turns out, the previous sample's last frame is broken. Sadly, it's a key frame. This crashes the program. If we eliminate that broken frame manually, Smart Cutter can read in and process the sample correctly.
We are trying to fix such kind of problem.
Was this sample directly cutted by some file splitter from a bigger movie file?
at the end of the second part of the movie SmartCutter crashes
Do you remember the cut point setting of the second part, and just cut this part as a sample using 'red circle' button, then send it to us? Our email address:
famering@gmail.com or support@fame-ring.com
Thank you.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

admin wrote:Was this sample directly cutted by some file splitter from a bigger movie file?
Yes, it was the beginning of a recorded tv movie which I had recorded with my Dreambox DM8000. It was cutted with the internal movie cut option of the DM8000 which worked but is not frame accurate.
admin wrote:Do you remember the cut point setting of the second part, and just cut this part as a sample using 'red circle' button, then send it to us?
The problem is that this part is probably too big to be sent by e-mail. It is the part of the movie which is lying between the first and the second commercial block and will probably have a size of some GB (the whole movie is about 11GB). According to the preview, SmartCutter crashes during rendering the end of this movie part. I will try to get a sample of this end part which causes the crash and send it to you.

Meanwhile I have a third file which causes a crash of MovieCutter. This new file results in a crash of SmartCutter immediately after opening the file like in the first case (and different from the second case). I will provide you with a sample of the beginning of this file, too.
dip

Post by dip »

I just sent a second demo file which causes a crash of SmartCutter on opening the file.

The funny thing is that in this case it was not the beginning of the original file which causes the crash but the end of the original file (although the crash happens immediately when opening the file). The sample sent via e-mail are the last 5 seconds of the original tv recording. This is the file described as "third" file in my last post.

For the file which causes a crash during encoding (the "second" file described in my last post) I could not produce a sample having the fault until now. I seems that the error can be anywhere in the file. All samples which I have created until now did not have the bug, only the original file has. However, this is 11,2GB big. If there is a way to upload this complete file to you please inform me.

If this is not possible, we must wait until you developed a version which solves the problem for the two samples I provided and see if the third case is also solved.
dip

Post by dip »

Can you already estimate when there will be a new version available which fixes the broken frames problem?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your concern.
Can you already estimate when there will be a new version available which fixes the broken frames problem?
The source code of new stream-fix version is almost done.
We think it will be released around next week end.
We will keep you posted as soon as we get it.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

Any idea when the new version will be available ("next weekend" has already passed ;) )?

I have meanwhile 6 recordings which cause SmartCutter to crash and which I would like to cut...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Thanks for your posting.
Nearly all the new componets have been tested okay.
We are taking the final step towards the new release.
It will be sent out very soon, just in a few days.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team