Smart Cutter crash

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dip

Re: Smart Cutter crash

Post by dip »

Will the proposed preview feature already be included in the new version?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dip wrote:Will the proposed preview feature already be included in the new version?
Dear dip:
Thanks for your concern.

The new stream-fix version(in 2 or 3 days) will not include the 'preview feature'.
The 'preview' component(first try) has been constructed, but it is not very stable now, we will not integrate it into our program before we make it flawless.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

Do you think that it would be possible to get a test version before the new version is released? I have meanwhile seven files which cause a crash of SmartCutter and it would be great if I could verify that the problem is solved with the new version before it is released.
dip

Post by dip »

Is there a new release date? Meanwhile I have 8 files which cause a crash and can't be cut.
dip

Post by dip »

Why isn't there any information about the new version? It was announced to be released already more than two weeks ago.

I have an increasing number of recordings I cannot cut (now 10 files) and are eagerly waiting for the new version which hopefully fixes the problem (or at least for a new statement).

Meanwhile I have bought the program TS Doctor (see http://www.cypheros.de), a program for reparing ts streams. I hoped I could overcome the problems with this programm. However, when I run this program to the problematic files it says that they do not contain any errors. I contacted the programmer of TS Doctor and he said that the samples I provide to you (and him) indeed have an I-frame at the end, but that this is not an error according to the definitions of ts streams. In his opinion the crashes of SmartCutter are the result of a bug in SmartCutter. I don't know if this is true but would really appreciate if the problem could be solved in SmartCutter which is, despite the described crashes, a great program for frame accurate cutting.

As you know, I have sent you two samples which causes a crash of SmartCutter already when opening the samples. According to your previous posts the problem is that the file ends with a "broken" key frame. As previously mentioned, I have also recordings which can be opened without any problems but cause a crash during the rendering process. Since these crashes occur always during the smart rendering process around the cutting points could it be that a broken frame does also exist within the stream caused by the switching from the tv movie part to the commercial or vice versa? I hope that these problems are also solved with the new version.

As already mentioned, I would be prepared to test a beta version of SmartCutter with my problematic files before the new version is officially released to ensure that no bugs (regarding the broken frame problem) are left in the released version.

I would really appreciate to receive any statement on the present progress.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Very sorry for the latency.

Since we have overcome the 'broken video frame on the file end', we here uploaded a pre-version 1.2.6a for your test.

It can be downloaded at
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Please note that, this pre-version is still under detailed examination. A few samples from other users(not the two files from you) still fail this version.
We are going to send out a formal release after we clean all the bugs out.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Battler

Ver 1.2.6a Fixes?

Post by Battler »

Folks

I'm one of the users who's still waiting for a fix which can correct my Hauppauge! HD PVR files to a form suitable for transcoding.

Incidently the arcsoft conversion software (and subsequent upgrades) that comes with the Hauppauge has managed to this for six months. Unfortuantely their the transcoding options are so limited that its next to useless save for producing a file with an audio track which may sync.

I've got two workaround options - transode and mux/remux twice (not always successful) or manually correct the sync errors in a video editor (usual chore).

Incidently sync errors arrise only at the Smartcutter edit points where I've pulled out the commercials so its appears not to be the Hauppauge's problem.

Can we please expedite the fixes !!
dip

Post by dip »

admin wrote:Dear dip:
Very sorry for the latency.

Since we have overcome the 'broken video frame on the file end', we here uploaded a pre-version 1.2.6a for your test.

It can be downloaded at
http://www.fame-ring.com/smart.cutter.rar

Please note that, this pre-version is still under detailed examination. A few samples from other users(not the two files from you) still fail this version.
We are going to send out a formal release after we clean all the bugs out.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Many thanks for the test version. I had only very short time to test it yesterday. I opened one of the files which caused the previous version of SmartCutter to crash when opening the file and the positive point is that SmartCutter could open the file without crash. I then started to select the parts to be cut. The first part could be selected and added to the record list without problems. However, during searching for the end point of the second cut part using the >> key SmartCutter crashed. There was a popup error message (which I never had before during a crash). Unfortunately I clicked on OK before I printed a hardcopy of the error message (sorry, but is was very late).

Tomorrow I will test all problematic files and send you a detailed report about the test results.
dip

Post by dip »

I have now made a more thorough test and were able to cut ALL previous problematic files without any problems with the new version of SmartCutter. Even the file mentioned in my last post could now be sucessfully cut without problems.

I don't know why this file crashed the new version in my first try and didn't in my second. Maybe it depends on whether you jump directly onto a problematic frame when using the >> buttons? As mentioned, the new version crashed in my first try immediately after using the >> button. Probably in my second try I did not exactly jump to the same frames when using the >> button, so there may still be a problem which did simply not occur in my second try.

As mentioned, when SmartCtter crashed in my first try there was an error window, the contents of which I don't remember. However, I am quite sure that the term "pframe" was mentioned in the error message, maybe that helps you to check whether there is still a problem in certain cases.

I noticed only one small deterioration:
When using the batch list and the "link to one file" option SmartCutter now appends the string ".12.ts" to the output filename. This was not the case in the previous version. In the previous version this happend only when not using the batch list and the "link to one file" option but the red button, as described in my previous post (http://www.fame-ring.com/forum/viewtopi ... &t=78#p322). That means, when I type in the save dialog the output filename to be "filename.ts" the ouput file in fact has the name "filename.ts.12.ts" which is bad.

Except this small point I am very happy with the new version at the moment . :D