Can Smart Cutter fix corrupt time codes?

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
highc

Re: Can Smart Cutter fix corrupt time codes?

Post by highc »

admin wrote:Please disable the 'audio VU meter' in Options dialog, and test this movie again.
Thanks for your extremely quick reply. I'm happy to confirm that disbling the audio VU meter works around the problem for me - i.e. no long search times anymore, if I turn off the audio meter. That's good to know!

I can confirm, by the way, the issue reported by snipsnip to some extent: Cutting files with corrupt time codes leads to (still) somewhat corrupted files (but not just since 1.3.8f, but it has always been this way): VLC (win) doesn't play them in entirety, but stops at some point. Windows Media Player plays these files, but has issues searching/jumping to a different location. mplayer (Linux) plays these files ok as well, but also cannot skip forward/backward or fast forward these files.

Sorry for not being able to provide more/detailed data on the corruption which still persists. I'm lacking tools and sufficient knowledge to analyze the TS streams... ;) Again, I'm happy to run any tests (or install any tools) you think might help.