Preview doesn't work when using the slider (win7 64bit)

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
dip

Preview doesn't work when using the slider (win7 64bit)

Post by dip »

I use SmartCutter since quite a while to cut commercials out of SD and HD recordings (ts-files recorded with my sat receiver dreambox 8000). Everything worked perfectly until now. I have now replaced my old Windows XP computer with a new one running Windows 7 64bit.

Now I have the problem that for HD recordings the preview does not update when using the big slider. That means when I start moving the slider the display continuosly switches between showing the frame where I started the sliding and the frame which was shown before I moved the slider to this starting point. Display flickers between these two pictures and only when I stop sliding and release the mouse button the display is correctly updated to show the current frame.

The small slider directly below the display doesn't have this problem even with HD recordings. It works correctly.

This problem happens only with HD recordings. SD recordings don't have this problem.

At the moment it is not possible to use SmartCutter for HD recordings since I don't find the start and end points using the slider. Is this a known problem and is there any workaround or anything I can test to find the reason for this problem.

I have an Intel board with an Intel i5 processor and an integrated Intel HD graphics 2000 device.
antimix

Re: Preview doesn't work when using the slider (win7 64bit)

Post by antimix »

Hi,
unless you downloaded and installed a new version of SC, this problem may be related to Windows CODECs.

Just to have an idea, I always was able to play the Dreambox native .ts files using Media Player Classic Home Cinema, until a week ago, when I installed an upgraded version of DVR-Studio HD 2, and DAplayer.

Then SUDDENLY I can not play any more some .ts from Dreambox. Note that I am speaking about some (NOT ALL !) in my hard disk that I WAS able to play !!
At the moment I have not realized what is the format/difference that cause the problem, but for sure one of the two application should have installed a different/new version of MPG codec in windows 7 and now, this new codec take the priority on the Directshow layer, and unfortunately can not decode very well the .ts files.

If you were able to play the same files on XP that is exactly what happened to me, that is a different set of decoder CODECS.

- Try to remember what codec pack you installed on XP and download and install the same updated version for Windows7 64.

Best Regards

antimix
dip

Post by dip »

Thanks for the answer but this is a misunderstanding.
I am able to play all video files including the recorded ts files on my new computer.

The only problem is that I cannot use the long slider in smartcutter to quickly search through a HD recording. There I have the described problem that the display switches only fast between two frames.

Since the short slider (which displays frame by frame) works correctly I assume that there is a problem with the calculation of the frames to be displayed when using the long slider. I assume when using the long slider smartcutter has to calculate which selection of frames will be used for displaying and there goes something wrong on win7 64bit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear dip:
Sorry for the latency.

'Intel HD graphics 2000 device'
We think this problem is caused by the display adaptor driver.
Please set the 'Enable Full-Screen' in Options, see whether it helps.

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
dip

Post by dip »

Sorry for the late response, I was on vacation last week.

I had already set the option 'Enable Full-Screen' and had the described problem with this setting. Thus, I tried now to disable this option and now the problem is gone. I can now use the long slider to move through the movie. For the sake of completeness I re-enabled the option and then the problem is there again. So the solution is to disable the Full-Screen option.

Thanks a lot for your help and your great programme.

Best regards
dip