Length metadata of AVCHD incorrect after trimming and export

The world's first H.264 AVCHD accurate cutter without re-encoding!
Smart Cutter and Mate for DV and DVB.
Smart products manages, splits, joins movies from DV Camcorder and DVB HD PVR.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Length metadata of AVCHD incorrect after trimming and ex

Post by admin »

Dear Londain:
Thanks for your sample files.
Londain wrote:is there a utility for editing the time metadata that does not involve complete recoding of the file?
May be you could try tsMuxer on your end see whether it helps
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/tsMuxeR

Please feel free to send us your further advice and suggestion.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team
Londain

Post by Londain »

1 TsRemux corrects the time problem on some files but not others. It often removes all audio & sometimes all the video despite selecting them in its user interface. Unline Smart Cutter, it works through the whole file very slowly.
2 Smart Cutter - Fix video file also sometimes corrects the time problem but very often just completes immediately it has started without creating any output file. Perhaps this a symptom of whatever the file error is that makes me want to use it.
3 VideoReDo QuickStream Fix corrects the time problem for non-H.264 files. It is reliable & fast but does not accept HD resolutions [1440x1080 is the only one I have tested & it says it cannot handle H.264].
4 Sample file uploaded to Smart Cutter ftp folder as requested by Tech Support but no response from them yet.

Now that I've paid for VideoReDo [$49.99], my only remaining problem is with some H.264 files. I'm going to be getting more of these in the future as my area is soon to get HD broadcasts [existing HD files are from trips to other areas using my USB TV tuner & the hotel aerial]. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dear Londain:
Thanks for your active response.

We think we've found the reason. The sample file you sent to us has a swift time code shift on the tail, that leads to the wrong duration property.

To clarify the situation, we may need your further help. This time, please do not send us the cut result of the Smart Cutter, but please send us the original video file.

It would be better if the sample file size is less than 100 MB.

If you can not find small sample, use this simple tool to split your movie file into small pieces, and upload any one of them.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S ... rger.shtml
-------------------------------------
before uploading sample, please create sub-directory with your name under the root, then upload sample to this sub-directory.

FULL priviliged --- mkdir, read, write, remove
Will be helpful to limit the sample file size under 100MB.
Thank you.

FTP Username: samples@fame-ring.com
Password: samples
FTP Server: ftp.fame-ring.com
FTP Server Port: 21
-------------------------------------

Looking forward to your further message.
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
FameRing Support Team